Wyoming 511 is the official road condition and traffic information reporting app of the Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT).
This app was developed for iOS versions 8.1 and higher on iPhone 4S and later and Android version 4.1 and higher.
The Wyoming 511 app:
- Provides pre-trip map-based road and traffic conditions (Map)
- Displays web camera images (Map)
- Shows users their route and mile marker location and includes latitude/longitude (Where Am I?)
- Speaks conditions so drivers know what they can expect on the road ahead (Hands Free/Eyes Free)
- Alerts drivers of traffic information including crashes and other hazards within a user-specified radius (Hands Free/Eyes Free)
- Updates data from WYDOT's servers every 15 minutes when in cell provider's coverage area
- Uses GPS to provide location-based reports
Regular data updates and location services can impact battery life. WYDOT recommends users plug in their phones while in Hands Free / Eyes Free mode and turn off the map when it is not in use.
Wyoming 511 for Android
Wyoming 511 for iOS
Wyoming 511 Mobile App Instructional Video